This might all be a little confusing at first. You should definitely read the Foundation first.

Monday, March 5, 2012

SI [What Matters] DE


3/3/2012

Doing more research [like the good boy I am] I decided that I’m in the need of a good street camera bag. On a side note as well, the support shown by my friends and family is a great booster to my almost non-existent self-esteem. But little do they know [actually, they are all quite smarter than me, so they must know] I’m using them to gain a cult following on my blog. KoolAid! Also Taiwan Photographer Craig Ferguson has asked me to write a short write-up that he can feature on the blog of his where I may receive some exposure. I love the fact that there are people out there who are open to helping a [more or less] complete stranger.

Now I’m sitting here, stuck with all these questions buzzing in my head. What can I write about that would be interesting enough to pull people into my blog? What is the first impression I want to give off to new readers? At least the second question is rather easy, since I don’t have any readers right now. But this is my first exposure into this world of blogging and ‘getting out there’.  So this is as good as any of a time to expand more on who I am and why I’m doing what I want to do. I know what I want to talk about. I know how I want to write. I know what pictures I want to use. So hopefully this turns out as well as it seems in my head.

‘SI[What Matters]DE’ Does anyone even know what the hell that was about? I’m not sure now if it’s the fact that I’m too ‘artsy’ for the main population of readers or if my brain wants me to believe that I’m smart and funny. Let’s clear that up a little. ‘What matters inside’ is the title (get it? Eh? Eh?). Yep, the latter of the two opinions seems to be likely, my own brain is making me feel like an idiot. But no matter, onto the guest post.

“Taiwan. That’s still my iffy ‘homeland’ if I can call it that; but I miss it. Being Taiwanese only matters what is inside [...This may not be the best first impression but it’s my style. Write, work, and worry. But at this point, the important thing is that you know I exist and that my project is real."

Here are the photos that go with the post (couldn't get it onto that post for the life of me):




EDIT: Now unfortunately, my style didn't really fit into Craig's blog, so he asked me to host it on another good site where he can then spread it. So don't sit there and think  'oh he's so lucky to have people helping him', go out and find people who may be interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment