This might all be a little confusing at first. You should definitely read the Foundation first.

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Rock


3/5/2012

Now I know that it’s childish for me to believe that I can take credit for everything right now. My friends have given me a ton of support and told me what an interesting idea this is; the aforementioned German/Korean friend was even bold enough to tell me that some of this may become ‘book-worthy’ at some point, although the thought of a publisher wanting to print my work is light-years away. But it still feels nice. And of course I have the support of my family. My younger brother and sister both think it’s an interesting concept; they both even said my writing has improved quite a bit (they are both very good at English) so that was a nice encouragement. My sister even has her own blog. And of course my parents who have a very nice rule about funding my dreams: if I can come up with %70 of what I need, they’ll pay for the difference.

I’m not sure if it’s a man thing, an ego thing, or just my thing but even if they offer this I still want to fund it through my own powers. This means I’m not making any more hardships for them; because, you know, I owe them my life (literally). With some photos circulating the web, I feel a strong urge to want to make them proud. Of course they are proud when they tell others I graduated in just three years, but stops short when they gets asked ‘but with what GPA?’ So it’s time to stop fooling around; making something of myself…..now! 



Oh look. A guitar and a slab of rock. Foundation. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like. That is exactly how I feel about money, I don't want to put any more burden on my family than I already have. I don't think it's so much of a "Man" thing as a "Responsibility" thing. We're old enough now, our parents have already carried our asses so far, time to get our own shit together. Good on ya mate, lol.

    ReplyDelete